The mobile app that connects travelers across the world
PackitUp is a social networking app for travelers and locals looking for travel buddies or just like-minded people.
With PackitUp you can find and create trips on a map and find out what others are doing in your area or anywhere in the world and of course contact them and meet up! It is designed to enable you to find long journeys across countries or just short trips to the bar around the corner. Anything is possible!
It is the perfect app if you are on vacation, having a semester abroad, are on a world trip or just like to meet people and share exciting experiences with fellow travelers!
All you need to do is download PackitUp for your Android or iOS device, log in and start traveling!
We are a team of student entrepreneurs from Denmark and Germany working together to achieve our goal of providing a product that can help our fellow travelers in their journeys. Currently based at the Incubator at Copenhagen Business School we have the opportunity to work in an innovative and inspiring environment. We both love to travel and try to do it as much as possible and we hope that PackitUp makes it easier for all the travelers to get in touch, travel together and see as much as possible of our beautiful planet.
Max Tilman Glocke
Strategy and Operations
Masters student Economics and Finance at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Amalie Strandly Kjelstrup
App development and IT
Masters student IT and Communication at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions for the use of the PackitUp website and the PackitUp mobile application as well as all associated PackitUp services:
Terms & Conditions
www.packitup.dk (the "website"), the PackitUp iOS and Android mobile applications, PackitUp Facebook sites and apps mentioned in this text are provided by PackitUp IVS (PackitUp) and property of PackitUp IVS. The PackitUp office is at Otto Brandenburgs Vej 104, 3.th, 2450 Copenhagen SV, Denmark, EU.
The use of this Website implies the express and full acceptance of the terms and conditions set out in this Legal Notice and Terms of Service. In case that the user of the Website does not agree with any part of these terms, the user must exit the Website and make no further use of it.
2. Ownership of the website
The website www.packitup.dk is owned by PackitUp IVS(hereinafter referred to as PackitUp), a Danish company with registered address at Otto Brandenburgs Vej 104, 3.th, 2450 Copenhagen SV, Denmark, Europe (CVR: 37546372) registered in the Trade Register of Denmark.
The purpose of this Website is to provide information about the activity of the company and enable the use of the services offered by PackitUp, consisting in the creation of routes, network activities such as a message system to join the routes, friendship connections, route proposals and profile creation by users including the subsequent storage and use of the same.
Pictures on the PackitUp website or PackitUp mobile application may come from third party providers and are acquired under the Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license.
This information allows you to be identified as a specific user and allows you to save your personal preferences, as well as technical information such as visits or specific pages that you visit, including:
Date and time of a user’s last visit to the Website;
Design of the contents that the user chose in the first visit to our Website;
Security elements involved in the control of access to restricted areas.
The user has the option to disable cookies by selecting the appropriate option in his or her browser. However, deactivating them may hinder the correct operation of the Website and may reduce or hinder the user’s chance to earn points, win prizes or gain other remuneration.
Alternatively, the user can adjust the browser settings to receive a notification every time a new cookie is received.
4. Industrial and intellectual property
The intellectual property rights in the contents of this Website and all PackitUp web pages and PackitUp mobile applications and services, their graphic design and code are protected by law and therefore reproduction, distribution, public communication and transformation of the same are prohibited except for the uses authorized by PackitUp.
Likewise, all business names, images and photographs, trademarks or distinctive signs of any type that appear in the Website or in relation to PackitUp web pages and services are the property of their legitimate owners and are protected by law. Any improper use of the aforesaid by any person other than its legitimate owner may be pursued in accordance with the current legislation.
Routes, profiles or messages created through the PackitUp website or PackitUp web pages or PackitUp mobile applications and services by the users may be freely used except as provided in this legal notice and Terms of service. PackitUp does not claim any right at all on the contents included in the routes, profiles or messages created through this website or through the PackitUp mobile application.
5. Acknowledgement & Acceptance
By ticking 'I agree' during the process to register participation as a user of a PackitUp service, or by participating in a PackitUp activity or by simply accessing and using the PackitUp web pages, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Should you not wish to accept these Terms, you must exit the PackitUp web pages immediately and/or or cease participation in any PackitUp routes or PackitUp activities whether in a browser or on your mobile device.
PackitUp reserves the right at any time and from time to time, to modify or amend these Terms or any part thereof, without notice to you. Your continued use of the PackitUp web pages or continued participation in the PackitUp routes or PackitUp services or activities constitute an affirmative acknowledgement of any modification and your continued agreement to be bound by the modified Terms.
6. User registration
In order to be able to use the services provided by PackitUp through its Website and/or mobile or other applications, it is necessary to:
- Register as user in the Website and/or mobile or other applications;
- Accept this Legal Notice and Terms of Service.
In order to be able to make use of the services, the user will have to choose a username and a password and/or log in with third party applications such as Facebook or Google. It is each user’s responsibility to protect the security of his or her login information and ensure the diligent custody and use of the same, being the user responsible for all activities and/or contents carried out or created using his or her login data.
7. Grant of license & restrictions
PackitUp grants you a license to use the software accessible through the PackitUp website subject in any case to these Terms of service.
It is expressly prohibited to transfer or assign any rights to access or use the PackitUp website. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by PackitUp, who is the owner of all rights on the Website, mobile and other applications, including all related intellectual property rights.
The user must abstain from:
- Modifying or creating derivative Works based on the PackitUp website, mobile and other applications, quizzes or other services and platforms;
- Attempting to decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any code contained in the PackitUp website, mobile and other applications or other services and platforms;
- Accessing the PackitUp website, mobile and other applications or other services and platforms in order to create a product or service of similar features or copying any features, functions or graphics from the PackitUp website, mobile and other applications, quizzes or other services and platforms;
- Deleting, without PackitUp d’s permission, copyright notices or any other property marks concerning the materials available or generated through the PackitUp website, mobile and other applications, quizzes or other services and platforms;
- Transferring the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by PackitUp at any time. Upon the termination of the license for the above-mentioned reasons, the user must destroy any downloaded materials in his or her possession whether in electronic or printed format.
8. User responsibility
The user shall be responsible for all activities occurring under his or her username and is responsible for compliance with the local, national and/or international laws and regulations applicable to his or her use of the PackitUp website, mobile and other applications or other services and platforms, including those relating to the protection of intellectual property, protection of personal data, international communications and data transmission, bullying/harrassment including condescending, racist and hate-speech and communication that may offend, hurt other people with a different ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, social status, income status and physical or mental handicap.
You have sole responsibility when interacting with other members. Our PackitUp services provide a platform for members to learn about one another, arrange trips and routes, engage in activities and communicate with one another. PackitUp is not a party to, has no involvement or interest in, makes no representations or warranties as to, and has no responsibility or liability with respect to any communications, transactions, interactions, disputes or any relations whatsoever between you and any other member, person or organization. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other members of the PackitUp services. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor interactions between you and other members of our Services.
Remember, the PackitUp services are just a platform that enable you to communicate and interact with other people around the world. We cannot be responsible for the interactions that you have with other PackitUp members, so please use good judgment and keep safety in mind when you use the PAckitUp services.
The user must notify PackitUp immediately of any unauthorized use of his/her password or account, as well as any other breach of security of which he or she might be aware of.
It is strictly prohibited to:
- Collect, upload, publish, send or transmit any information, material or other content that is illegal, threatening, or libelous;
- Collect, upload, publish, send or transmit any information, material or other content that violates the rights of third parties, including intellectual property rights;
- Collect, upload, publish, send or transmit any material that contains viruses or any other kind of malicious code;
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any software contained in the PackitUp website, mobile and other applications, quizzes or other services and platforms;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or exploit any element contained in the PackitUp website, mobile and other applications or other services and platforms, without the prior written permission of PackitUp;
- Obtain, collect, store or modify other users’ personal data;
- Use the PackitUp website, mobile and other applications or other services and platforms for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
9. Account management
You are responsible for safeguarding your password and any other credentials used to access your account. You, and not PackitUp, are responsible for all activity occurring in your account (other than the tasks performed by PackitUp staff on your behalf and with your permission). If you become aware of unauthorized access to your account, you must notify PackitUp immediately. In the case of an account being contested by 2 or more parties, PackitUp will determine whom to grant ownership of the account to in the following way:
Ownership of a premium account: The ownership of a premium account will be granted to whichever party made the most recent payment in the account.
Ownership of a basis account: The ownership of a basis account will be granted to whichever party originally signed up for the account.
10. Inadequate material
We acknowledge pornography or other offensive or shocking material may have a legitimate place as a way of freely express oneself on the PackitUp platform including on the website, mobile and other applications or other services and platforms. However, such contents may only be included in communication on the PackitUp platform under the following conditions:
- We strictly prohibit the incorporation of contents that constitute illicit activities or that promote activities of such nature.
- We strictly prohibit the incorporation of contents that may promote hate or violence towards persons or groups on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender or sexual orientation/gender identity as well as social status.
- We strictly prohibit and will report to law enforcement any utterance of racism, sexual or pornographic content, hate speech, discrimination, malicious behavior, praise of terrorism and bullying taking place on the PackitUp platform and falling under the Danish Penal Code’s §266b and other relevant provisions. PackitUp does not limit itself to this measure and will terminate user profiles that do not comply with the spirit and word of this agreement.
- We strictly prohibit and will report to law enforcement any display of sexual or pornographic content involving minors.
11. PackitUp responsibility
Both accessing this website, mobile and other applications or other services and platforms and using the information contained therein shall be the exclusive responsibility of the person doing so.
PackitUp does not accept any responsibility for improper use made of the contents of its website, mobile and other applications or other services and platforms, such being the sole responsibility of the user who accesses or makes use of the aforementioned contents. Nor does PackitUp assume any kind of responsibility for the information contained on websites belonging to third parties which can be accessed through the links or browsers available on the website. The presence of links in the PackitUp website serves a mere informational purpose and in no case implies suggestion, invitation or recommendation regarding the same.
PackitUp reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel or restrict the content on the website, mobile and other applications or other services, platforms, services, links or information obtained therein, with no prior notice required. In no case will PackitUp accept responsibility for any damage, losses, psychological trauma, desease or death, claims or expenses of any type, whether from use of the website, mobile and other applications or other services and platforms or the information generated by or accessed through them and relating to:
- Possible malfunctioning of the PackitUp website, mobile and other applications or other services and platforms;
- Possible errors or security flaws that may occur;
- Any situation which may imply the unavailability of the PackitUp website, mobile and other applications or other services and platforms or the information contained in them, either owned by PackitUp or collected, uploaded or published by the user;
- Possible losses of information collected, uploaded or published by the user that may occur;
- Any other kind of circumstance that jeopardizes the functioning of the PackitUp website, mobile and other applications or other services and platforms.
12. Applicable law & jurisdiction
This Website has been created in accordance with the laws of Denmark.
Any dispute which may arise from the use of the Website or concerning these Legal Notice and Terms of Service shall be governed by Danish law and the courts of the City of Copenhagen shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such disputes.
13. Modification of the legal notice & terms of service
This Legal Notice and Terms of Service may be modified at any time without notice, but the most current version will always be available to the users on this Website.
14. PackitUp member registration process
To become a member and to participate in the PackitUp activity, you need to register with PackitUp and create a membership profile following the registration process set out below (the " PackitUp Registration Process").
Prospective members must complete a PackitUp registration form each time they wish to create an account in order to participate in the platform including the website, mobile and other applications or other services and platforms. Registration forms include:
- The form available on the Website, but may also include permission-based registration forms hosted on third party websites or from links provided in QR-codes;
- Registration forms hosted by PackitUp and accessed via third party websites or QR-codes;
- Registration forms accessed via links in an email sent to you by a third party or by PackitUp where you have granted permission to receive such emails from these sources.
- Registration forms accessed on a mobile device such as iPad, Iphone or Android device.
- Registration forms accessed in a browser applet.
The registration form may include any number of questions or may be limited solely to the expression of assent to join the PackitUp platform including the website, mobile and other applications or other services and platforms.
You have to be 13 years or older to join the panel.
15. Undertaking regarding information provided
In consideration of PackitUp granting you access to the PackitUp web pages and/or the ability to participate in the PackitUp routes or PackitUp activity, you agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the PackitUp registration process;
- Maintain and promptly update your personal membership details including the user profile (defined below) so as to keep it true, accurate, current and complete;
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by PackitUp whilst participating in PackitUp routes or PackitUp activity.
- If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or PackitUp has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, PackitUp has the right to suspend or terminate your current access to, use of, and/or participation on the PackitUp platform or PackitUp activities. This is subject to your right to refuse to answer any information request.
- By accepting these Terms of Service you permit PackitUp to collect, process and transfer information about you. This information includes information you have submitted but also information stored when you use the PackitUp platform and/or or website and/or or mobile application including information from your mobile phone, browser etc.
By accepting these Terms of Service you consent and permit PackitUp to process and store sensitive information about you. This includes sensitive information such as ethnicity, sexuality, religion and philosophic orientation, union and political affiliation, social status, penal information, mental and physical health information, information about drug use and family related information etc.
16. Your user profile and PackitUp account
Upon completing the PackitUp registration process, members will be provided with a user profile and an account for the PackitUp platform, mobile application and PackitUp activities.
Only one user profile is permitted per member and only one PackitUp account is permitted per member. Any member found to have multiple user profiles and/or PackitUp accounts may have secondary user profiles and/or PackitUp accounts will be deleted. PackitUp may demand proof of identity in the event of a dispute.
A unique email address must be used by each member. (For example, this means that family members may not each have an account using a shared email address but must each have a separate account with a separate email address.)
Each user profile and PackitUp account must only be accessed by an individual member, and may not be accessed by any other individual without the express permission and authorization of PackitUp. You agree to notify PackitUp immediately if you become aware of, or suspect any unauthorized use of your login information, user profile and / or PackitUp account, or any other breach of security.
In the event of access to your PackitUp account by another individual, PackitUp reserves the right to freeze the account until a resolution has been reached. PackitUp reserves the right to reclaim any incentive earned by access of the unauthorized user, for which the member will have no recourse against PackitUp.
We cannot and do not confirm each member’s identity. Although we provide tools intended to assist with identity verification, such as our E-Mail verification tool, you are solely responsible for determining the identity and suitability of others with whom you may interact through our Services. PackitUp does not represent or warrant that our tools are sufficient to determine whether it is appropriate for you to interact with another member. Further, we do not endorse any persons who use or register for our services. We do not investigate or verify any member’s reputation, conduct, morality, criminal background, or any information members may submit to the Services. We encourage you to take precautions when interacting with other members, particularly when meeting a stranger in person for the first time.
PackitUp reserves the right to terminate any PackitUp account that has been dormant for a period of 6 months or more. By ‘dormant’ we mean, where the member has not participated in any PackitUp activity within the preceding 6 months period. PackitUp will attempt to contact the member, via their nominated email address, if their PackitUp account is at risk of termination through inactivity. In the absence of a satisfactory response, the PackitUp account will be terminated, and any accrued Points will be forfeited.
17. User content
Use of the Packitup web pages and participation in Packitup activities or Packitup routes may allow you to interact with, or submit content to, the Packitup web pages or mobile application which may be visible to other users of the Packitup web pages or mobile application ("user content").
You acknowledge that user content provided by you is your sole responsibility. This means that you, and not Packitup, are entirely responsible for all user content you upload, post, link to, email or otherwise transmit via your use of the Packitup web pages or mobile application or your participation in any of the Packitup activities on the Packitup platform or mobile application.
Packitup does not control or pre-screen the user content posted on the web pages or mobile application and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such user content, and therefore assumes no liability in respect of the user content.
You understand that by using the Packitup web pages, mobiles apps and other platform applications, you may be exposed to user content, and you agree that you must evaluate, and bear, all risks associated with the use of any user content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness, or usefulness. Notwithstanding the foregoing Packitup shall have the right in their sole discretion to refuse, edit, move or remove any such user content, whether or not it violates these terms and conditions.
With respect to all user content you elect to transmit to the Packitup web pages, you grant Packitup the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license (with the right to sublicense) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, publish, translate, create derivative works from, perform and display such user content (in whole or part) throughout the world and / or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purposes.
In the course of using the Packitup web pages and / or participating in Packitup rctivities or the Packitup routes, you agree not to:
- Upload, post, link to, email or otherwise transmit any information that is unlawful in any way in Denmark, or in the country in which you reside;
- Impersonate any person (whether living or dead) or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identities in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Packitup web pages or through Packitup’s mobile applications or on Packitup browser applets or provided through participation in Packitup activities on the Packitup platform;
- Upload, post, link to, or otherwise transmit any information that you do not have a right to transmit;
- Upload, post, link to, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "chain letters", "phishing emails", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post, link to, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Collect or store personal data about other individuals; or attempt any kind of illegal activity on a Packitup Activity on the Packitup platform or Packitup mobile application.
If you no longer wish to be a user please contact PackitUp. PackitUp will then cease to contact you, subject to a 30 day administration period. You therefore acknowledge and agree that if you terminate your membership you may receive emails from PackitUp for a period of 30 days thereafter.
You agree that PackitUp, in its sole discretion, may terminate or suspend your PackitUp user profile, or participation in any PackitUp activities on the PackitUp platform or PackitUp mobile application, or remove or discard any user content, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use, or if PackitUp believed that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms.
You agree that any termination of your access to PackitUp activities on the PackitUp platform or PackitUp mobile application under any provision of these Terms may be effected without notice, and acknowledge and agree that g PackitUp may immediately deactivate your registration as a member and / or bar access to PackitUp activities and the PackitUp platform or PackitUp mobile application. Further, you agree that PackitUp shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the PackitUp activities on the PackitUp platform or PackitUp mobile application.
PackitUp reserves the right to terminate the PackitUp platform, or PackitUp web pages, mobile applications and other PackitUp applications at any time. PackitUp will endeavor to communicate to all users the termination period, however PackitUp will not be liable for failure to notify any user regardless of the reasons.
You hereby agree to indemnify and keep indemnified PackitUp, its successors and assignees and each of its respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damages, losses, claims (including reasonable legal fees) resulting in any way from your use of the PackitUp web pages (including the provision of user content) or your participation in the PackitUp activities or PackitUp routes on the PackitUp platform including PackitUp mobile applications and other applications or resulting from any breach of this agreement whether such breach is carried out by you or by any other person through your user profile or PackitUp account.
20. Intellectual property
All pages and content within the PackitUp web pages on the PackitUp platform and PackitUp mobile application, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, audio, video, photographs, software, code, inventions, surveys, logos or other materials (“materials”) are the intellectual property of, or are authorized for use by, PackitUp and its licensors, business partners and affiliates, including all trademarks, service marks, copyrights, patents, database rights and trade secrets contained therein. The compilation, organization and display of the content as well as all software and inventions used on and in connection with the PackitUp web pages on the PackitUp Platform including mobile applications and other applications are the exclusive property of PackitUp IVS. Except as expressly permitted in these terms and conditions, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, create derivative works, republish, display, upload, post, transmit, distribute or use in any way content available on this site without the prior written consent of PackitUp.
All Materials are protected by copyright, trade mark and other applicable laws. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such materials or any part of this site, except as allowed by the limited license set out below, is strictly prohibited. You have no rights in or to any material and do not acquire ownership rights to any materials viewed through this site.
Please note that you are not authorized to use, distribute, copy or display any materials, this web page, any other pages within this site or any section thereof for commercial gain or otherwise, and you may only use the information for your own internal purposes. You are forbidden from collecting information from our site and incorporating it into your own database or products. You are also forbidden from linking pages from our site to your own or any other site in any way without PackitUp’s express prior written consent. If you undertake any of these prohibited activities we hereby put you on notice that you are in breach not only of these terms but you are also infringing the intellectual property rights in the materials and in the site and we reserve the right to take action against you to uphold our rights, which may involve pursuing injunctive proceedings.
A waiver by PackitUp relating to your use of PackitUp web pages or PackitUp mobile applications of any breach by you of any of the provisions of these Terms or the acquiescence of PackitUp to any act (whether of commission or omission) which but for such acquiescence would be a breach as aforesaid shall not constitute a general waiver of such provision or of any subsequent act contrary thereto.
All notices given by PackitUp to users will be sent to their designated email address provided by them during the PackitUp registration process.
A waiver by PackitUp of any breach by you of any of the provisions of these Terms or the acquiescence of PackitUp to any act (whether of commission or omission) which but for such acquiescence would be a breach as aforesaid shall not constitute a general waiver of such provision or of any subsequent act contrary thereto.
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Denmark and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Danish courts.
Because the PackitUp services are merely a platform, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more members, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law you release us (and our officers, directors, members, employees, agents and affiliates) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
23. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
IF YOU USE OUR SERVICES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR SOLE RISK. OUR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, AND YOU WAIVE, ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN.
WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) OUR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) OUR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (C) ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY OBTAIN THROUGH OUR SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH OUR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; (E) ANY INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE OR WE COLLECT WILL NOT BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES; OR (F) ANY ERRORS IN ANY DATA OR SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
IF YOU ACCESS OR TRANSMIT ANY CONTENT THROUGH THE USE OF OUR SERVICES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF SUCH ACCESS OR TRANSMISSION; THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES FROM ANY DOWNLOAD.
Effective Date: March 15. 2016
- the information we, PackitUp IVS (PackitUp) collect about you,
- how we use and share that information, and
- the privacy choices we offer.
Information users provide to us
We collect information you provide to us, such as when you create an account, update your profile, use the interactive features of our Services, participate in contests, promotions or surveys, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include:
- Basic user information, such as your name, username, gender, birth date, email address, mailing address, billing address, phone number and photographs;
- Messages and interactive forum information, such as discussion group posts, messages to other PackitUp users and information you provide in connection with activities and events;
- Other background, contact and demographic information, such as your occupation, personal URL, IM username, emergency contact, home descriptions, travel history and plans and other interests and self-descriptions you choose to provide;
- Information stored on your mobile device, such as your photos, calendar information and contacts, if you have given us permission to access this information; and
- Information about you from other PackitUp users, such as trust ratings, friend connections, public references, and other interconnections and interactions between you and other PackitUp users.
Information we collect automatically
When you access or use our services, we may also automatically collect information about you, including:
- Location Information: We may collect information about your location each time you access or use our mobile application or website, or otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
- Device Information: We collect device-specific information when you access our services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about the device’s interaction with our services.
- Log Information: We collect log information about how you access or use our services, including your access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies: We may automatically collect information using cookies, web beacons (also known as “tracking gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”) and other tracking technologies to, among other things, improve our cervices and your experience, monitor user activity, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our services. For example, if you create or log into your PackitUp account through a third-party social networking site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, profile picture, connections and other account information in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social networking site.
Some of this information may be shared with other users, for example they may be able to see your connections who are also PackitUp users.
How do we use this information?
- Operate and improve our services;
- Protect the safety of PackitUp users and provide our verification service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide other news and information about PackitUp and other third parties;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services;
- Personalize the services, which may include providing content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards; and
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Sharing of information
- With your consent, which is given by accepting these terms, including if we notify you through our services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you subsequently agree to provide such information;
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- With others who access or use our services in accordance with the privacy settings you establish
- With search engines in order to index the content you provide as part of a discussion forum or public profile;
- With partners who run contests, special offers or other events or activities in connection with our Services;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
… Your anonymous data may be disclosed to business associates, marketers or advertisers for the promotion of PackitUp services. By way of example, we may disclose to an advertiser the percentage age groups of our users. Such data will be supplied in anonymous, non-attributable form such that no third party could use the data to personally identify you, or to contact you by any means.
… We will not rent or sell any data, which may personally and directly identify you to any third party. Such data will only be supplied in anonymous, non-attributable form such that no party external to PackitUp could use the data to personally identify you, or to contact you by any means.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; and
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social media tools
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services as part of our services. These third parties may have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the activities of these third parties and how they collect, use or share information about you. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our services and welcome any feedback about these third parties.
Advertising and analytics services provided by others
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies, or visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that our Services may not function properly if your browser does not accept cookies.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from PackitUp by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as emails about your account.
No blog posts yet.
Sortedam Dossering 7, 4.tv, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark